Effective as of May 25, 2018
What are cookies?Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by online service providers to facilitate and help to make the interaction between users and websites faster and easier, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, o9 Solutions) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer or device both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. The following are some common types of cookies:
- Essential cookies. Necessary for the operation of the website.
- Analytics cookies. Allow website owners to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the website when using it. This helps website owners improve the way the website works.
- Functionality cookies. Used to recognize you when you return to the website. This enables personalization of content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Advertising/Social Networking cookies. Record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed to place advertising on the pages you visit.
- Essential: Security
We use a security cookie, created by o9 Solutions, to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorized parties. You can block or delete this cookie by changing your browser settings, as described below under the heading “How can I control cookies?”, but the application won’t be able to keep you logged in.
- Essential: Zendesk in o9 Solutions platform
We use Zendesk platform and the Zendesk cookie related to it to support users of active o9 Solutions accounts. We only share the name and email of the users. You can block or delete this cookie by changing your browser settings, as described below under the heading “How can I control cookies?”, but we won’t be able to support you from the o9 Solutions platform.
- Analytics: Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics in an anonymous way. We do not send your IP, personal information or a user-id to Google Analytics. We use these analytics to gather statistics, for example, the number of visits to a page, or the number of people who clicked on the button to start a trial. If you still want to opt-out, please click on this opt-out link provided by Google Analytics
- Functionality: Mixpanel in o9 Solutions platform
We use Mixpanel to gather active o9 platform user statistics, for example, the number of logins, or interactions with pages in our platform. We do send your IP and user-id to Mixpanel to enable this functionality. We use this information to provide you with adoption and usage statistics only. If you still want to opt-out, please click on this opt-out link provided by Mixpanel Analytics
- Functionality: Intercom Messenger on o9 Solutions website
We also use Intercom Messenger to support website visitors. Intercom Messenger is used anonymously unless if, as a visitor to our website, you leave us your email to be contacted later. In this case, we will only use your email to answer your request and nothing else. We automatically delete your email and all conversations you might have had with us once per month. You can block or delete this cookie by changing your browser settings, as described below under the heading “How can I control cookies?”.
What about web beacons, Flash cookies or Local Shared Objects?We do not use these technologies.
Do you serve targeted advertising?We do not serve targeted advertising.
How can I control cookies?You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out link provided above.